* It is MANDATORY that a participating school in the JO Classic be a member of their state's official high school athletic association. The JO Classic is sanctioned through NFHS, AHSAA, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee. Any other state wishing to particpate should contact Coach Johnson asap.
* To determine Varsity Division, we follow the standards of the AHSAA, therefore out of state private schools must multiply enrollment by 1.35% (grades 10-12).
* Junior High Division classified as grades 7-9.
Races will be timed by electronic chips. Entry fees should be paid before electronic chips are picked up.
Division Entry Limits
** The Gold Division is limited to 7 runners max. Remaining runners must enter Red Division or
the division that is subject to your school size. (See Eligibility Chart)
** The Silver Division is limited to 7 runners max. Remaining runners must enter Red Division.
(See Eligibility Chart)
** You may also divide your squad and run in the Silver and Gold Division. ($65 per Silver and $65 per Gold)
** Entry fees apply for all divisions. $65.00 per division, plus $30.00 for Red Division. If a team does not have enough runners to fill a team, the fee charge is $15 per individual runner not to exceed $65 per division. And, if a team enters a division but enters an individual in another division, the fee charge is $15 per individual runner not to exceed $65 per division and $30 per "B" team division.
**If a school has only one runner per division, the fee is $15 per that individual runner.
To Register Online: Visit alabamarunners.com. Registration deadline is Monday, October 2nd!!
Sanctioned through state associations of: AL, FL, GA, MS, TN, and any other state that wishes to compete.
No refunds unless in case of emergency. In this case, all requests for refunds must be in writing.
For total amount of entry fees and a printable invoice, refer to this race at alabamarunners.com.
Only schools that are members of their state's high school athletic associations are eligible to participate in the Jesse Owens Classic!!!
FRIDAY, October 6th, RACE COURSE WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 7 P.M.!
AHSAA does not allow pets or bicycles at the Oakville Indian Mounds on race days!
Several individual awards will be presented at the finish line to speed up the awards ceremony.
- 12 Divisions!
- Over 1000 Awards!
- Overall winner in each division wins a trophy!
- The winning team and coach in each division receive special team T-shirts! (Except Red Div)
- Each coach gets a T-shirt, complimentary running packet, and access to our hospitality room!
- Refreshments for runners upon completion of the race (sports drink & water)
- Plenty of Medics are available! Also, we have a MD on staff!
- Fast electronic finish results!
- Alabama's BEST Team receives an award!
- Directed by Coach Stan D. Johnson (Lawrence County High School)
- Course clerked by DeWayne Key and William Calvert, Ala. Championship State Meet Directors.
- T-shirts will be on sale. The ones for sale will be different from the award T-shirts.
- Shower facilities available.
- Mile splits, overhead mile markers
- The State Championship Course: (maps at www.alabamahighschoolrunner.com. Some shade, 5-6 short hills, grass, packed small gravel, very scenic, wooded trails, fast, great spectating and a great wide starting area!
* Results will be posted on the internet by late Saturday afternoon at www.xpresstiming.com, you also can find previous years' race results in the Archive Section at www.cfpitiming.com.
For hotel reservations: Moulton area: 256-974-1658
Decatur area: 256-350-2028
Cullman area: Hampton Inn: 256-739-4444
Sleep Inn: 256-734-6166
Best Western: 256-737-5009
Quality Inn: 256-734-1240
Days Inn: 256-739-3800
Econo Lodge: 256-734-2691
Jr. High Girls: $65.00
Jr. High Boys: $65.00
Varsity Girls: $65.00
Varsity Boy: $65.00
Red Div Girls: $30.00
Red Div Boys: $30.00
*Entry fee for those runners who do not have enough runners to fill a team. Not to exceed $65.00 per division and $25 per "B" team division.
PLEASE SUBMIT ASAP
The Jesse Owens Runners' Club, Inc.
RUN FOR THE GOLD!
19th Annual Jesse Owens Cross Country Classic Invitational
Other major sponsors: Pepsi of Decatur, First Place Athletics, New Balance
October 7, 2017
Hosted by the Jesse Owens Runners' Club , Inc. (alabamahighschoolrunner.com)